Directions: 1. Mix thyme, olive oil, garlic and lemon peel together in a bowl. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Place chicken in a roasting pan. Reserve 1 tablespoon of garlic-thyme mixture and rub all the rest over chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place lemon in cavity of chicken. Tie legs with string.
2. Roast the chicken in a preheated oven at 220 degrees C for 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 175 degrees C and roast for additional 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting with juices occasionally.
3. Lift chicken and tilt slightly, emptying juices from cavity into pan. Transfer the chicken to serving platter; tent with aluminium foil to keep warm.
4. Pour pan juices into large glass measuring cup. Spoon fat off top. Add wine to roasting pan; place over high heat. Bring to boil, scraping down any brown bits.
5. Pour wine mixture into measuring cup with pan juices ( do not clean roasting pan). Add enough chicken broth to measure 1 1/2 cups.
6. Mix flour into reserved 1 tablespoon garlic-thyme oil. Whisk into broth mixture. Bring broth mixture in a roasting pan to boil and cook for about 2 minutes until slightly thickened. Season pan-juice mixture to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into sauceboat.
7. Serve chicken, passing pan-juice mixture separately.