Directions: 1. To make the pastry:
Place the flour, salt, butter and egg to a food processor, equipped with a plastic mixing blade, and process for 5 seconds. Add 3 tablespoons cold water and continue to process for the shortest period possible untill all the batter is formed.
Roll the pastry into a ball, wrap in a plastic wrap and refrigerate until required.
2. Place the pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll in 3-4 mm
thick. With the help of a rolling pin, transfer the pastry to a pie tin. Adjust the pastry to a tin, prick with a fork. Bake at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes and remove to cool.
3. Soak the mushrooms in hot water for about half an hour. Strain and wash well to remove sand. Chop.
4. Remove about 5 cm of the top green parts from leeks. Peel 1 layer, wash, and slice into1 mm thick slices.
5. In a large frying pan melt the butter and saute the garlic, thyme and leeks for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper. Transform to a bowl and letl cool a little.
6. In a separate dish whisk eggs with cream, add leek mixture and stir. Transform the filling into a tin with pastry and bake at 160-170 degrees C for 30-40 minutes or until the pie is lightly brown.
Variation: some grated parmezan may be added before the last 10 minutes of baking.