Directions: 1. Rub the maple syrup, lemon juice, olive oil and pepper inro the flash of a salmon; cover in plastic wrap and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat grill to 190 degrees C.
3. Place the cedar plank on a heated grate. Place the salmon on top. Cover with lid and let cook for 15 minutes until flash is light and flaky.
(The cedar will smoulder; make sure it doesn't catch fire).
4. Remove from the grill and let salmon cool.
1. Drizzle the asparagus spears and fennel with oil and season lightly.
2. Place on grill (190 degrees) for 1 minute per side
3. Remove, drizzle with oil, lemon juice and thyme. Toss and season to taste.