Directions: 1. Dressing: Whisk lemon rind and juice, honey, capers, mustard, salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk in oil in thin stream until well blended.
2. Salad: Place peppercorns, lemon rind and juice and bay leaf in 10-inch skillet. Add water to depts of 1 1/2 inches. Bring to just under simmering, so bubbles form on the bottom of pan, but do not break surface. Add salmon; poach, uncovered, not letting to simmer, 7 to 9 minutes until cooked through. Remove fish to pie plate, let cool slightly.
3. Fill large pot with tightly fitted lid with 1 to 2 inches of water. place steamer insert in bottom, bring water to a boil. Rinse asparagus and trim tough ends, place on steamer and steam, covered for 8 to 9 minutes, or until crisp tender, depending on thickness. Remove from pot; let cool.
4. Toss asparagus with 1/4 cup dressing in a large bowl. Set aside 32 stalks, slice remaining stalks in thirds. Mix sliced asparagus and greens in a large bowl. Using fork, flake salmon. Add to greens with additional 1/4 cups dressing, season with salt and toss.
5. On each of 4 plates create a square with reserved asparagus, using 8 stalks per plate.
6. Pile about 3 cups salad in centre of each square. Serve with the remaining dressing.